Website usability is fundamental to the success of your online business. Websites that are difficult to use, will not retain user interest and you’ve potentially lost a customer. Statistics have shown that users will only scan a website for about 10 seconds before deciding to stay or find something more relevant.
So what constitutes a good user experience? A website providing clear navigation, informative content and a clear path to achieving the objective of the web user’s visit.
Fundamental to website usability is understanding the primary objective of your website and creating a number of specific measurable goals. Then by utilising usability standards and guidelines, make it as easy as possible for your intended audience to achieve those goals. PayPerClick suggest that keeping these 5 points in mind will facilitate positive user interaction:
- Objective: How easy is it to navigate through the site to achieve your objective? e.g. sign up to a newsletter or buy a widget?
- Design: Is the interaction convoluted and not intuitive? If so, users will not persevere.
- Efficiency: How quickly can the goal be performed? e.g. are there too many form fields to complete?
- Quality: Is the website checked for errors frequently?
- Emotional: Is the website full of errors, or is it difficult to buy that widget? If so, this will provoke a negative user response.
PayPerClick will assess your website in the following areas and provide detailed recommendations detailing how usability can be improved:
- General site characteristics
- Visual layout
- General content
- Browser support
- Navigation aids
- Site optimisation
- Form usage
PayPerClick will use web analytics to determine which pages of your site are not performing or where the barriers to conversion are occurring.
Usability Consultation has traditionally been an expense affordable for only larger companies. PayPerClick can tailor a custom consulting solution to suit the needs and budget of each client providing a detailed specific solution to improve user experience, conversions and ultimately ROI.
PayPerClick custom solutions may be comprehensive and include focus groups, eye testing, scenario development and goal pathway analysis or as simple as a few hours consultancy to review the site for best practice and identify any areas for improvement. We will also set benchmarks to monitor site usability and site engagement in order to allow each client to review the effectiveness of the User Experience improvements.
For more information about how PayPerClick can assist your company with User Experience, call +61 2 9970 8486 or enquire online.